Many of us have heard about the word MySQL and many are not. People who keeps information about technology they must have heard the word and those who don’t this article will give them a glimpse about MySQL and here I am going to discuss why you should learn MySQL and where you can use it. Yes you can learn about MySQL and also get discount using Edureka Coupon but before that you should know what it exactly is. In MySQL the word ‘My’ is being used for signify the name of its co-founders daughters name and SQL stands for Structured Query Language. Here is a short description about MySQL.
What is MySQL?
MySQL is basically a central component of the LAMP open source web application software. This software is mainly used in the most of the high profile websites such as WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, YouTube and even in Google. Most of the computer systems especially the web-based programs such as blogs, photo galleries, and the content management systems need to store and recovers the data. Just to make the data accessible in an easy way our computer supports a computer language named SQL. So using this SQL we can manage our data easily to get the instructions.
So many databases are there which supports SQL and MySQL is one of them. MySQL is one of the best database software which people recommend the most. And most importantly you will get this software for free. This software is must app software especially if you are working for blogging or content management.
Features of MySQL
Though MYSQL comes with many features, here are some major features of MySQL
- MySQL supports cross platforms.
- You can update your views using MySQL.
- Whenever you will use InnoDB Storage Engine, you will get online DDL.
- Only MySQL supports SSL.
- This is the only app where you will get built in replication support along with one master per slave and many slaves per master.
- You can use full text indexing and searching from this software.
- MySQL supports Unicode.
- Only in this software you will get multiple storage engines.
- The developers update the software in every two months, so you will always get something new with every update.
- In this software you will get native software’s such as InnoDB, Myisam, Merge, Memory, Federated, Archive, CSV, Blackhole, and NDB Cluster.
You need to learn MySQL for the below reasons
- You need to learn MySQL because it is ubiquitous. You will get this software in any Linux and Windows OS, all you need to do is to download an open source project.
- Finding help using MySQL is also very easy. While using this software if you get stuck in anything, there are many places where you will find help as there are many tutorials and help documents are present there.
- When you will use this MySQL. You can learn so many things. It helps you to improve your programming knowledge too.
- The reason it is very popular among its users is, is compatible with most of the application and tools and moreover you can use it more frequently and successfully.
- This software doesn’t come with many features so this needs less maintenance. Even a common programmer can learn many things from it to maintain their database and servers for most applications.
Many other features of MySQL are there, though this software comes with many drawbacks too. Using MySQL fully depends upon the work you are doing and for which purpose you are doing. Learning something is not bad, so if you learn using MySQL you can use it many things and if you are a programmer then you must learn it. Once you learn using MySQL, you not only can solve your problems, you can help your friends those who are blogger or content writer.
Read This: How to Add Large Images in WordPress: Beginner’s Guide
Check out: How to Build Your Personal Brand Using WordPress