How to install WordPress Themes: WordPress is one of the top leading platforms for blog or website. And are also most of the Blogger’s favorite platform to use for their blogs. So if you have bought a new site, and if it is to be a WordPress; here we have some of the beginner tips that is very important as a starter. The most important factor for making your blog or website boost at high speed is the looks and its designed for your site. No matter how valuable or realistic content you have on your blog, people or readers always will firstly prompt to go with the looks. And if you got all the impressive designs and also the best content, you can easy get the maximum traffics or visitors in a very short period.
Well, speaking about the WordPress Themes there are lots and lots of themes over the internet. Mostly Free and also many Premium. So when you are about to get a high score into blogging, you must learn how to download themes, install the themes and finally customized them depending on your style.
How to install WordPress Themes
When you first buy the hosting and its Domain, you are provided with the normal blank page theme which is very unprofessional in terms of looks. And starting a blog you would never want to continue with the old pre-installed theme. So to get the theme on your WordPress blog, there is of two ways. You can go with the Free but limited featured WordPress theme or the premium with many professional tools & featured WordPress theme. And also even the steps for using or installing the Free and premium WordPress theme are different which we are going to discuss in the article below.
How to install WordPress Theme- Using Free Themes
This is the first step that a new beginner should follow. As a starter, you must learn how to install the free theme and customize it on your blog. There is unlimited free WordPress theme on the WordPress which you can select and easily use them on your blog. While only the problem with the free themes is that you will get only limited features and tools by which you won’t be able to make a much impressive blog. But it is all good for you to learn a big piece of knowledge that will later help you to arrange the premium theme and handle your blog in pretty much in the excellent and professional way.
Steps to Install the WordPress theme
- For installing the new theme on your Blog,you must log in and enter into the dashboard of your Blog.
- Under your dashboard, you will find a list of options viz. to the left of the screen. Now find out the Appearance from the list and click to proceed.
- Next, you will have to find another option i.e. Themes. Now click to proceed.
- Under the Theme section, you will find your pre-installed WordPress theme and few more theme as options. Well, you can find thousands of free themes to choose.
- Now if you find a better looking theme, just click on Install. This will take a few moments to initiate the downloading and installing the theme. (You can also preview the theme before you install)
- After the installation process is done, now finally click on the Activate button to complete the installation.
Important Notes- In the same section, there are features that will help you find your desired theme. There are more than thousands of theme so at first you will be confused what to choose or what not to choose. So there is a feature filter option by which you can get select your theme based on the colors, layouts and patterns and much more. And finally, after you have searched the right theme, then you may select and install it.
How to install WordPress Theme- Using Premium Themes
To work with the premium theme, you will unlock much more awesome features that are not available on the free one. So at first let us discuss how to download and install the WordPress theme in your blog.
Steps to download and Install the WordPress theme
- Go to the official websites of WordPress theme provider and choose the best themes that suit your style.
- Now in the next step, you will have to make the purchase via credit or debit card.
- Once you have purchased the theme, it will be delivered to your Email which you have registered. The Theme will be in the form of a .zip file.
- After you have downloaded the .zip file of your theme, now it is ready for uploads into your blog.
- Go to your Blog’s dashboard, and select the Appearance > Theme. Under the theme section, you will find Add New button, click to proceed.
- In the next section, you will find Upload Theme button, click on it to upload your .zip file. Now browse your computer and select the downloaded .zip file of the theme. And click Install now button to finish the installation.
- Finally, click on the Activate button to successfully install the theme on your blog.
How to Delete the older Theme from your list
When you install the new theme, the older theme remains on your Blog. So if you want to remove the theme from the list you can do that too. Here let us also discuss deleting or removing the older themes from your list that will help you gain some space onto your blog.
- On your Dashboard, click on the Appearance > Theme.
- Select the theme that you want to delete and Click on the Remove button for deleting the theme permanently.
So these are the easy tutorial by which you can easily get the WordPress theme on your blog. You can either install the free theme or download the premium from some source via the internet. So when you are still in the learning state, you can go with the free and later get a premium to make to the top perfection.
And also read about- How to Install WordPress plugins