How to Install WordPress plugins: WordPress Plugins is a very important feature in the WordPress platform by which you can manage and handle your blog. The WordPress Plugins will help you to add new items and improve your blog and creating better features. When you first buy and install the WordPress for your Blog, you will come to know about the Plugins plays an important role in the growth of your site.
As a beginner, when you customize your content you will come across issues like having a very limited features and tools to run the site. So plugins will do the job to maintain and handle the issues. You can also manually control over the blog’s custom functions with the help of specific plugins. There are lots of plugins on the internet which may be either free or paid WordPress plugins. You can choose the plugins in your blog according to the requirement or add features which will make your blog better.
Installing plugins in your Blog is a very easy task, once if you know what plugins is required. There are many WordPress plugins which are ready to use.
How to install WordPress plugins
Some important plugins are pre-installed in your blogs, but to make it more flexible and reliable you require few more plugins. You must add and install some more plugins as for making sure you can unlock new features in your blog.
Here below we have the instruction for downloading and installing the Free WordPress plugins. There are lots of free plugins which are very essential for running your blog. And so if you know plugins which you want it to be installed in your blog then simply follow the instruction given below.
Steps to Install WordPress plugins in your Blog
For the free WordPress Plugins, you no need for download from a different source. All the relevant plugins are available in the WordPress Plugins store in your dashboard itself. And the installation process is shown below.
- To add and install plugins you must first login and open your dashboard of your blog.
- At the left side of your WordPress dashboard, you will find a list of options displayed on your screen. From the list, you must click on the Plugins.
- Under the plugins, you will find more options from which you must click on Add New.
- Next, you will find a list of plugins, which are also free to download and install.
- Now search for the required plugins by typing the name into the search engine. And when you find the plugins you desire then you can click Install it.
- For the installation process, it may take few moments. Once it is done, now click on Activate to install the Plugins.
Steps to download and install the Premium WordPress Plugins
- Before you go to the Dashboard, you first have to purchase and download the WordPress Plugins from your preferred source from the internet.
- When the downloaded .zip file is ready, now you can log into your Blog’s dashboard. Once you have entered, now look for the Plugins from the list of option.
- Under the Plugins, you will find the Add New buttons in which you will enter into the Plugins section of the WordPress dashboard.
- Now, click on the Upload Plugins button from which you will get the section for uploading your downloaded .zip files. Select and click Install button to proceed to next step.
- Finally, after all, the installation is done you can click on the Activate button to complete the installation process.
Important Notes- If you add too many Plugins and have also included some unnecessary plugins then you can also immediately remove from the list.
How to download the WordPress Plugins using FTP
Some of the rare plugins are sometimes prevented from downloading and installing via WordPress dashboard. So when this kind of cases arises, you must use the FTP. FTP is the abbreviated form of File transfer Protocol. This FTP is usually used when you have to transfer some file from one section to other through the internet using the PC. So FTP will be best when you want to install the Plugins manually over your WordPress dashboard.
Steps to download and Install WordPress Plugins
- Once you have downloaded the .zip file of WordPress plugins, now is time for you to send the file to your Dashboard manually.
- Now you must unzip the file that you have downloaded.
- Next, you have to open the FTP client on your computer and connect to your website by logging in. After you have successfully connected, you will need to access through /wp-content/plugins/
Now upload the folder containing plugins that you have extracted from the zip file to the /wp-content/plugins/folder on your web server.
- Finally, you can go to the dashboard and check on the Installed Plugins list. Once you have found the plugins which you have recently added, you must click Activate to activate the plugins.
So these are some of the important details by which you can easily get the Plugins install in your Blogs. Currently, we have discussed three different methods of installing the plugins. But the most important is that of installing Premium one, as they would bear with more features and impressive elements that will help your blog grow. Well, in the free Plugins,you will get a maximum of plugins which are of basic uses. Besides, there are also some of the important free WordPress plugins which are very essential for your blog. So if you are new and having confused to install WordPress plugins, here you must follow the easy step shown in our article.
And also read about- How to Install WordPress Themes