WordPress serves many incredible features helping its users to create simple websites, blogs, enterprise websites, applications and more. For bloggers, it provides features to add text, images and links to their sites. Hence, web links are very easy way to share information on a blog or website inserting a certain URL address into the user’s texts which can be reached by the website users and visitors. As a beginner in blogging platform how will you add link in WordPress, this article is here to show the way.
WordPress is the most dependable platform for bloggers and website developers exists in the present day. It was launched back then in 2003 with a very few users. Today there are millions of people using this tool in creating and managing their websites. No doubt the tool has gained a vast popularity within few years and this popularity is the outcome of its efficient service to the users.
How to Add Links in WordPress
To create links between your blog post and other pages can be quite difficult task for a beginner with WordPress. This is not really so difficult task though, once you learnt the method how to add link in WordPress. Here I will show you an easiest method to add link in your blog post.
Add Link to a Blog Post
The method to add link to your blog post is similar with the process to add the same to your page.
- To begin, firstly login to your dashboard. Now, Navigate to the “Posts” tab, later select the “Add New” button to create a new post. Also you can edit the existing posts clicking on the title of the post.
2. Type a text you want to be linked, or if prefered text is already there in the post select the text to highlight it by your mouse cursor.
3. Now, find the paperclip icon just on the top of the text box and click on it.
4. Once you have clicked on the insert icon, a pop-up box will be seen on screen. Here, you need to enter or insert the address of the certain page you wish to link into the selected text. For this, you have to provide the full address of the page containing either https:// or http://.
5. After embedding the URL address of your preferred page into the pop-up box, next you can go for check the box whether you want the linked page to be opened in new window or in the same window. Click check in case you want a new window and leave unchecked if you wish to keep on same window.
6. Once you are done with embedding the URL address and check box, click on the “Add Link” tab on the bottom right corner of the pop-up box for the final touch.
Now, in your blog post the selected text will be already linked to the webpage as you wanted.
This is it! This is one simplest method to add links if any, to your WordPress blogging site. I hope it helped you to get your job done well enough. Stay connected with our site for more beneficial topics and we promise to serve you the easy to understand articles relation WordPress.com. 🙂